July 28, 2015

The neverending birth + harmony.

I don't know where to begin.
Think I shall go back in time - back to Nikita's mother - when she gave birth to Nikita and her 5 siblings.
Nikita's mother , Diva, is a real diva - suit her name just perfect.
I remember her birth like it was yesterday.
Me and Carolynn were waiting and waiting, but Diva had all the time in the world. Ok. then we can watch a movie.
Having placed ourself cosy in one sofa each with a fluffy blanket over us - the movie started.
Well, Diva changed her mind. She wanted to have her babies afterall, so her water broke in my lap.
We rushed in to the kitchen where the birthbox was placed.
But Diva had no hurry. We saw a kitten on its way out, but swosh it went inside again. Hmm!
After a while we saw a tailtip  - oh dear! It was no other than Nikita - not the easiest way out. It took alot of time, and we were sure the kitten was not alive.
But Nikita was very much alive - thank goodness. Nikita has since she was born been a special girl - extremly naughty and doing her things her way.
During the night her 5 siblings was born - after a long time - mommy Diva had to just kiss each and everyone over and over again, before she'd welcome a new baby in to the world. It was a birth well remembered, and I was so tired that morning when I had to go to work.
Diva demandet Carolynn to hold her paw after birth, so Carolynn endet on the kitchenfloor :D

Now it was Nikitas turn to become a mommy herself.
I was actually expecting them either last night or today earliest - if she was like her mommy - or her grandmother.
Nikita was huge - she looked like having between 6-8 babies.



The whole Sunday Nikita was not herself. She was dragging around Mistys keeper-daughters so I understood it was something going on. It was also Cassandras birthday ( Carolynn's daughter), so it was a fun day to have the kittens.
I did not want to get my bed all messy again, and Misty was staying there with her babyboy, so I made a nice birthplace in the bathroom - nice and warmth.
If we tought Divas birth was something to remember - it was nothing like Nikitas birth!
It was like Dejavu that night - at least the start of the birth.
2 baby girl was born , but it took time. Both came out with their butts first.
And then nothing more happened. Ok, a little break - can be needet. I found a fluffy little bed to keep the babies warm  - because Nikita had no time for them. Again understandable - some mothers are not calm before the birth was over.
The babies were screaming, and Misty heard them and answered them.
Aha - maybe she can babysit them for us. I brought the two babygirls in to her, and she was so happy. Our sweet and baby-loving Mistygirl.





And then we waited some more. I was seroiously tired and it was like Nikita had decidet it was not fun to  give birth, it was painful, so she did not want to have more babies that evening.
I brought Nikita with me in to Misty, and slept with one eye open. Nikita never do anything silent, so I would not miss the birth when it started again.




Now it was Monday morning , still no more kittens. I did not want to sit on the hard bathroomfloor, so I brought Nikita with me down. She went on toilet,eat and drank and went to sleep beside me in the sofa.
Suddenly she started to act funny again, like she did when the birth started yesterday. Ah! Finally!
12!! 12 hours later, from the birth started she gave birth to 2 more kittens - with nanny-King beside her.




She did not care so much of those  babies either, and I could still feel a baby/babies inside her.
So I went up to Misty with the two little babies. She was more than happy.

I was thinking if I should call my Vet and ask for oxytocin, but I change my mind. It wasn't anything wrong with Nikita - she had just all the time in the world.
My poor dogs was placed outside in their yard, because I didn't dare to go away from Nikita.
The clock was ticking.....
Morning had become to evening, and finally Nikita started to push again. The funny thing - it was about 12 h since nr 3 and nr 4 was born, Exactly 24h since the two first was born.
I was not 100% sure if the birth was over, it could be a nr 6 there as well.
But I brought with me Nikita upstairs anyway.
She was acting strange the rest of the night, but the next morning I was sure her belly was empty.
It is enough with kittens born a day apart eachother, no need for a third day.

Nikitas mother instinct came during this day.
So now is Nikita and Misty sharing all the babies and they are so proud and happy both of them.



We have at least 3 girls and I think 2 boys. I can be wrong about one of the boys.
I knew I could only have lilac and chocolate - but well, both carry cinnamon and fawn.
So the two firstborn girls are chocolate with pattern + white and cinnamon spotted + white.
The two next babies who came Monday morning are probably fawn with pattern + white.
The 5. baby can be lilac or darker fawn with pattern + white. Time will tell.



I love them all so much, and hope all will grow up big and healthy.
Cinnamon is absolutly not my kind of colour, but this little cinnamonspotted babygirl is shining like gold. She is so delikat and beautiful, and so clear spots as well. I have made up a new colourcode - goldenspotted :D


I hope Misty's babyboy was happy to have some playmates.


Tomorrow morning I will weight all the babies, and if all is ok, the dogs will have a allday-outside with us.
Single pictures of each baby will come a little later.
I know for sure it is not the last time I will plan 2 litters together - Mistys help is wonderful.